Thursday, October 9, 2008

My Week Plus Of Sept. 29th-Oct 8th, 2008 In & Out Of Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits














































     It seems like a whirlwind of activity these days and I seem busier than ever before. I put a lot on my plate on purpose and I am overall thrilled with the results that I am getting. I'm trying to be proactive/upbeat about everything and at least in my personal and public life that seems to be working and that is thrilling to me. Joe Dressner years ago asked Mike Martin whom I work with here at the wine store whether I was always so upbeat and I guess I am 100% " guilty as charged "! So walk away from me if you don't like it! It's simply how I chose to lead my life and I will probably both cheered and damned for it - c'est la vie, n'est ce pas vrai!?! Rien a faire, c'est comme ca pour moi. Je l'accept.

    Anyway, i conducted a wonderful Italian wine food-wine pairing dinner ( make-it-and-then-eat-it-on-the-spot ) - COMPANYS COMING - vefkei@aol.com  companycoming.com, 202-966-3361 = at Ed & Jinny Fleischman's home ( tuna mousse to start with followed by :Bruchetta with Blue Cheese and apples, grilled Italian sweet and spicy homemade sausages, red pepper and almond salad , red potato vinaigrette, Sicilian swordfish rolls, and a cheese tart with pears ),  on Ross Streets NW DC in the comfort of their beautiful home on Thursday, Oct. 2nd, 2008 ) , tried some of Naomi's excellent " new " N. EMPSON wines ( Argentinean and Aussie, New Zealand - no Italians this time ) I attended a wonderful wedding of my college roommate's daughter up in the verdant green rolling hills of West Virginia on a drop-dead gorgeous day for a wedding, and yesterday I received some marvelous wine owners/makers 9 Robert A Cutter of DUXOUP ( Healdsburg, CA. 95448, 707-433-5195 - also owners/winemakers Katie & Francis Audesirk of AUDESIRK Vineyards - 3 Berenger Place, Sugar Land, Texas 77479 who make excellent California wines www.audesirkvineyards.com. Dave McIntyre our new Wash Post wine-writer just wrote up the CA. " Signature "  Napa valley red 2004 and I tried all three - two reds, one dry white Chardonnay and flipped over the Chardonnay! It will be in the store soon. ) , guests to the store including owner Alfredo of Billington Imports whom I have known now for twenty-five years or more - and more. I ma sure I am leaving something out and will include it , too. 

     In uploading these oictures I realize that the ones at the end of Francis and Katie are blurred, soory! That's a camera glitch. 

     Also, at Ed & Jinny's the Italian wines poured are : the MONTELEANI prosecco extra dry ( $11.49 a bottle ), the VITIANO 2007 dry Umbrian Falesco rose, $11.99 ; the COSSENYINO dry white Sicilian blend, $12.99 of Catarrato and Chardonnay ; the ANGELI ANGELO Monferrato, Piemonte Italian 2006 Pinot Nero ( Noir ), $10.99 ( a steal! ), and the BRUSCUS amabile San Valentino Reggiano Lambrusco sparkling off-dry red, $8.99 ( another steal ! ). All are available to buy here at the store. Call : 202-363-4265 to order or come by and see us here at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Conn, Ave, Washington DC, NW, www.clevelandparkwine.com, sales@clevelandparkwine.com ). I can't find the DUXOUP pictures so they will follow shortly in another blog. 

     Lastly, enjoy this beautiful fall day wherever you may be! 

     Here are some fun pictures to tide you all over until I can write more specifically about them. Cheers,   TONY
     

No comments: