Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Halloween 2008 Mirrored Here In The Past In 2006 / Knob Creek & Jim Beam Black Tasting, Too Some Favorite Customers, Carving Pumpkin

























It's Wednesday, October 15th, 2008 and tonight we hold one of our monthly " BIG THEME " Tastings : this one being on international wine values ( Chile, Spain, Italy, Australia, Organic wines from California & Washington State, and lots of sparkling wines ) at mostly under $15 a bottle. The tasting goes from 5:30-8:30 PM and everyone is welcome. We usually get between 60-80 people showing up for these and people taste, learn, meet people and have fun.

I was scanning through some of our old stored pictures from back in 2006 and I found these pictures of October that I think will be a nice prelude to this October. There are customers like Reuel that years ago back at the Mayflower Wines & Spirits in the mid eighties I helped with the wines for his and Dianne's wedding. Also Phil that I just wrote about ( 1977 DIAMOND MOUNTAIN " Volcanic Hill " Napa Cabernet Sauvignon ) who loves both wine and discovering new liqours to make his own creations with. He was there trying both the Knob Creek and the Jim Beam Black bourbons ( www.knobcreek.com and www.jimbeam.com ) as well as Andrea. Gaby, Lane and David enjoyed the wine that rep. Chris Pigott was pouring that weekend day. Then on Halloween we had some fun, young customers all dressed up and stopping by our store Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits before going off to their parties.

Finally, at my home in Virginia my son and I took turns carving a pumpkin or two and were later joined by my wife. I think they help set the mood for our Halloween still to come. The weather sure has been nice these last couple of weeks - unseasonably warm and nice to be outside.

Tonight is the third National Presidential debate between Barrack Obama and Jim McCain and it does not seem that from what I have heard over the last two days that anyone is that interested. Most of the people I spoke to do not anticipate the candidates saying anything new that they have not already said. I am an optimist and am hoping that at least one of them will step outside their comfort zone and add something new and exciting, refreshing - a breath of fresh air I am hoping for! We will see. I will have to rush home after our BIG THEME tasting in the store this evening to catch all of their words. I might have to listen to some of it on my car radio. Cheers, and do stop by the store tonight to try this assortment of 35 wines or so from around the world - all values, all worth trying at least once. Why not tonight in our store in the nation's capitol?!?

Happy Halloween to one and to all! TONY

No comments: