Monday, October 27, 2008

Decanters Full Of Wine, Great Old French & American ( Californian ) Wine Bottles, Old-Vine French Cork Screw / Pictures Taken Monday Oct. 20th,2008






























It was a great Monday afternoon - this last one - October 20th, 2008 at around 1-2 PM to take all these artsy photos of my three decanters, old French and California wine bottles ( that we had poured for the Aussie's visit chez nous a couple of week's past ) . I took the decanters outside with my old gift of an old-vines French cork screw given to me by my French etching instructor Joelle Serve back in the mid 1970's, and the vinegar wine barrel given to me back in the early 90's by chef-owner of " Le Rivage " on the Potomac waterfront close to the Jefferson Memorial /now jewelry store-owner Alain Planche, my INAO wine glass filled with some 2007 Syrah " Only Girls " from CHATEAU D'OR et de GUEULES dry red Costieres du Nimes wine. I had a blast taking all these artsy pictures on our back deck at home on my day-off. There were plenty of beautiful plants - colorful, as well as green foliage and the wood of the deck as well as the bright sunshine and the myriad of reflections to set everything off and apart and still all held together miraculously!

Also important are my shadows here, my hands, my shoes , the red hummingbird feeder and the oak tree and the ground just past the wooden rail where the bottles are originally line-up on. There are also the fallen leaves, the striped blue-and-white cushioned metal chair, the unpainted cement cat licking it's paw, and the reflection of the clear blue skies above reflected on the rounded surface of one of my decanters!

I am pleased and proud of myself for pushing myself in these new directions to take more art-oriented photographs. They don't replace the wine and the joy the wine provide. Not at all : they simply add another element that I enjoy immensely and that I hope you, too will. I;d love to hear your responses or read them here at the bottom of this blog where the word comment is written. Just click it and leave your impressions.

And to better see these pictures and read the labels click them to enlarge them on your screens. All these pictures as most all the pictures that appear on this blog were taken by me.lease acknowledge that if you make copies of them to share with friends.

This is just the beginning of a very beautiful relationship.

Enjoy these pictures. Cheers, TONY

No comments: