Friday, October 17, 2008

Confluence OF Live Forces : Elton John Over My Phone As I Type! Fri. Oct. 17th, 2008, 10:11 PM

I'm home now listening to Elton John on my phone as I type. He's playing live - I'm the ultimate bootleg I am - stealing his music via the cell phone! I did not pay to go hear him ! I'm crushed! He sounds great as he sings " Candle in the Wind " and " Benny And The Jets " and " Honkey Tonk Cat " and " Daniel " and I drink Diannes' Syrah 2007 that was given to me tonight by rep Ronnie Miller at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits. It's called " Only Girls " and I'm enjoying it thoroughly as I listen to this live concert of Elton John's that my wife is making possible for me by holding her cell phone up towards the music - the phone just died on me! Aaargghhhh! I've got to get my cell phone and call! I'm calling my daughter now! I want to hear more of this excellent concert as my phone has just bit the dust! Drat it! Got you Alan! Great! I'm reconnected and typing like a madman! I want to post this blog live while the concert is happening with mistakes and all! I want it to be live just as Elton's voice is live coming through my cell phone now!

I'm enjoying the concert - it sounds bumpy and rugged and choppy and really untouched/unbrushed - RAW AND LIVE and I wish I had a copy of it! Oh well I will just have to depend on my memory and this blog. I don't recognize this song but Elton you sure do sound clear and loud and now all the audience in Charlottesville, Virginia is applauding - the John Paul Stadium or something like that. It's where my daughter and I saw Jon Stewart live and boy was he rough, edged, gutsy and RAW RAW RAW RAW RAWWWWWW! Loved you Jon! It was quite the show! You were laughing all the way to the bank with that smirk of yours as you realized that you had to say the things you say or burst and die and here was a whole crowd willing to pay to hear you say it ! You spared no one including your old William & Mary roommate! Loved it!

Anyway, I'm loving Dianne's Costieres de Nimes red Syrah 2007 " Only Girls " from Chateau D'Or et Geuelles Vin de Pays D'Oc. It sure is smooth! It tasted great as I gobbled down the two tiny potatoes that I had microwaved with my son's bit of steak that he had not eaten last Monday night that I had lovingly grilled for my wife, daughter and son for my daughter's fall break from UVA! Yes!

Now Elton is singing my favorite song of his and it's breaking up unfortunately as I hold the phone between my right ear and shoulder and type away like a madman! We always crank it up at the beach each August on the Outer Banks! Everyone knows that I love it! I do! We always listen to Elton each summer! " Got a belly full of beer and my lady don't care! Saturday! Saturday Night's Alright! Saturday! Saturday Night's Alright! " bellows Elton and the piano now rolls and rocks as his hands glide and flow over the keyboards! Yes! I love it! " Saturday! Saturday! Saturday! " Wow! He's finished! Seems so fast! It can't be over yet! No fair! I want to hear more of it! Play it / sing it some more Elton!

I Scarfed my dinner down - steak and potatoes and butter and this excellent Syrah of Dianne's that is really quite polished! I'm not hearing much! The concert must be over! Must be lots of clapping : " Dad, he just signed an album cover - some one's album cover - isn't that cool? " asks my son. Yeah, it sure is son! Wish I were there! But I sure am glad that you called and let me hear this on-the-spot-live-BOOTLEG- never-to-be-heard-again concert!

This was the ultimate and I'm glad to share it with all my friends and wine-lover friends out there in cyberspace! Go to : chateau-or-et-gueules.com for more info on Dianne's " Only Girls " 2007 Syrah. I am sure I will order some for Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits Washington D.C. N.W. for next week's delivery! I like it almost as much as I like Dianne and respect her intensity and drive and will to perform and succeed! Cheers Dianne.

Elton is playing perhaps an encore now. It's coming through over my cell phone Verizon Motorola fitfully! I don't recognize it. REAL BOOTLEG SOUNDING - love it!

I've had a chance to talk quickly to my wife, daughter and son over the last thirty minutes and I love that! It's like I'm almost really at this concert happening NOW as I type frantically! Gotta love that! How many of us can claim to have written and got something out live like this?!? Not many of us. Hope you enjoyed this serendipitous blog of mine at 10:43 PM here at my home in Annandale, Virginia on Friday night, October 17th, 2008 - reporting/blogging live and hearing you Elton loud and live in my right ear sing " Good Bye Yellow Brick Road " I think ... " No! You're singing " This song is for you! " WOW! This blog is for you! " This is my song and I sing it for you "... it was great to see you years ago back in1973-4 in college in Richmond, Virginia! " Hope you don't mind , how wonderful this is because you're in the world '! You bet and likewise - cheers, thanks, gracias, merci and let's do it all over again until we have no more breath!

" Dad, it just ended. We'll call you later when we get out of the building. Love you, Bye ". " Love you " I say , too. Must send this pronto, now while it is fresh and live! TONY

No comments: