Friday, September 5, 2008

New Vintages Of LABOURE-ROI Red & White Burgundies Tasted Here 9/4/08 With Rep Claire Rimbaud Et Thomas Leclere, Winemaker's Manager












     It's always a pleasure to see Claire Rambeau here. She came here on July 4th, 2008 and tasted here wines with our customers and we sold a lot of LABOURE-ROI ( BP 14 , 21700 Nuits Saint-Georges, France tel : +33 (0) 80 62 64 10 , tleclere@vfb.fr )on our national holiday. Thanks Claire. Yesterday she brought me Thomas Leclere, winemaker's manager/operating director for the first time.

    They had a map of burgundy that they gave me and a nice poster for our window. I was able to try three whites and one red 2006 :
       1) Montagny 1er Cru Reserve Bottle # 0002, 2006 - really quite rich, hardly any oak, full
       2) Chablis 1er Cru Reserve 2006, Bottle number 0039 -old, classic, unoaked, yet concentrated style.
       3) Meursault " Les Chevalliers " 2006,  Bottle number 0882, concentrated, open yet showing some restraint.
       4) Pommard " Le Taillefer ( old French ) " 2006, Bottle number 0797 : it was elegant, bright, fresh, still very young but so polished and silky and it will be a joy in another three tears and hold for another five after that according to Thomas. I liked it.

     Once Claire calls me back with prices we will buy some for the store to arrive here in November-December 2008. Thomas said a couple of times to me in French :  " Je fais du vin avec du ju de raisin et non avec du jus de chene. " This translates to : " I make wine from the juice of the grape and not with the juice of the oak. " I liked that and asked him to write it down so that I would not forget it. Here are some pictures I took of the wines, and both Thomas and Claire " through the wine glass " my signature in photographs these days. 

     I made a mistake in loading the pictures just now and included one of the bottles of DOMAINE TARIQUET which I tasted the same day. Sorry, Cheers and  Sante  TONY 


No comments: