Friday, September 5, 2008

Local Winebow Rep Shares A 2001 ROMBAUER Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley " Diamond Selection " CA. With Mike & Me




     The other day Jody Jackman gave both Mike Martin & me a bottle of 2001 ROMBAUER ( www.rombauervineyards.com, 800-622-2206  Vineyards , St. Helena CA. Cabernet Sauvignon to enjoy during the holidays. I took my bottle home and put it on my rack and forgot about it till a couple of weeks ago. 

     I was at our local pool in Virginia with my family and friends celebrating one of the last days of August and had my arsenal of wines. I discovered that there were two anniversaries to celebrate : one that had just happened and one about to happen. I jumped in my car and rushed home and found this bottle quickly saying : Yes! " with a big smile developing on my face. I snatched it and rushed back and presented it with as much fanfare and energy as I could muster. The proof of it's quality was , however, in the bottle. It showed wonderfully, even just out of the bottle and in plastic cups! Oh well, we were at the pool : and one must be safe. It also showed what it was made of as it quickly disappeared down our gullets and , having drunk so well, eaten well, too we were ready to say " adieu " to each other and to a really nice August here with low humidity and good weather.

     Thanks Jody. It was well-appreciated. I brought the bottle here Wednesday, September 3rd and took these pictures of you and the 2001 empty bottle. I'm including them here. What a nice treat from both Jody and a fine California vineyard, too. Life does not get much better, especially when all is said and done and you can share all this bounty with family and friends. Cheers,   TONY

No comments: