Thursday, August 14, 2008

Two Great Beach August 2008 Bubblies : ( DON CONDE ) Penedes, Spain And The French Blanc De Blancs Brut (P IERRE LAROUSSE ) : BOTH ) Only $9.99
















     It was great to take these fabulous bottles of value and great taste bubblies with us this past week to the beach in the Outer Bank of North Carolina. They both only cost $9.99 here at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 202-363-4265 ). The prices may go up eventually but for the time being they remain at $10 a bottle. They are both quite smooth, bright, fresh and almost creamy and lush and almost as light as a souffle on the palate. They graze over the tongue and touch, tickle and excite but never weigh heavily or are ever cloying. They both focus on the balance of the components and are very pleasing to sip with or without a meal. 

     DON CONDE brut ( dry ) is located in Spain's Penedes area, Arvisa Sant Sadurni D'Anoia to be exact. It's a methode traditionelle at 11.5% alcohol. The brut ( dry ) PIERRE LAROUSSE (  11.5% alcohol is made in the Caves of Wissembourg, Alsace, France and is also a blend of grapes. Both are available through the Country Vintners in Ashland, Virginia.

     Here are some pictures that I took this past week at the beach in the Outer Banks ( August 3rd-10th, 2008 ). Again they are my more artsy photos that I like to take to create new levels I hope of sensory experience and ambiance. I hope you enjoy them.

     While downloading the photos I decided to download some of my watercolors in black and white as well as in color using also oil pastels. I was inspired by the views that were many and glorious from our upper balcony both looking out at the beach and the sand and dunes as well as backwards to the sound, too. I take a lot of creative license and recombine, distort, rearrange and re-propose what I see as my eyes scan from left to right and then back again and again and again before I settle for the slightest of moments here or there - perhaps, oui, yes, no - non,... a bit everywhere. They are all available for sale just drop me an email at : thewineguy@gmail.com and I will provide prices. Wine, art and food and good people and a beautiful slice of paradise : what else could anyone want?!?

     How do you like the fancy plastic, bevelled Champagne flutes we found in our rental beach house? I sort of like them. They did the trick for us and we did not have to worry about breaking them! Cheers,   TONY

No comments: