Monday, July 28, 2008

Beach Fun Outer Banks, North Carolina & Wine August 2005
















It's Monday my day off and I'm trying to stay focused and get lots of things done off my " to do " list now as in a week's time my family and I head down to the beach again for our annual pilgrimage to the Outer Banks of North Carolina. So I'm going to do this " fluff " piece around the beach, vacation, fun and wine. I took lots of artsy-fartsy pictures while at the beach in 2005 and here are some of them that I would like to share with you all in case you are still heading down to the beach this August.

My family and I love the beach. We do lots of chilling, lots of relaxing and reading books, play games, build puzzles, take long walks along the beach, stare out at it from our deck and I paint a lot. I'm inspired by almost everything at the beach : everything that is natural and not man-made, that is. We see the fireworks sometimes and it rains some and is bloody hot other times. I've taken some fun pictures of us down at the beach watching the sand pipers and looking for dolphins and pelicans and seagulls, too.

I love to take pictures of the wine glasses, at reflections in glass and many shadow pictures. I'm inspired by just about everything. Pictured are the PRA DI PRIDIS white wines of Alessandro Furlan, son of Franco Furlan. We love Alessandro and his PRA DI PRADIS Friuli wines are pretty amazing. I don't think they are being imported into this part of the country now. Anyway, I think we were drinking his excellent Tocai if I am not mistaken.

I am writing this Monday around 1:47 PM on July 28th, 2008. Come to the store at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 202-363-4265 / www.clevelandparkwine.com ) and buy some of the excellent DiLinardo Tocai called TOH that we currently have to experience how wonderful Tocai can truly be! Owner Max often comes to taste and visit with Mike and me when he's in town. We saw him just a couple of months ago when he came for the annual Michael Downey wine-maker/owner portfolio tasting.

I can't wait to get back to the Outer Banks! Here's to vacation and relaxing and enjoying lots of good wine and food and company.

This is all I could get now, there are many more that represent the many more moments of outstanding fun and relaxation that only getting really away from things can afford one. Cheers, TONY

2 comments:

potsy said...

Hello

Joe Manekin said...

OBX, that sounds quite ideal, especially if I were like you braving the hot, humid dog days of a DC summer. Not so much heat here in SF - still getting used to the fact that many days in summer here (at least the mornings and later pm-evenings) are cool and cloudy! You know the Mark Twain quote about summer in SF, right?

Anyway, I had a nice similar get-away recently to the Knights Valley - where there was plenty of sun and lots of beauty. Vacation and rest time = GOOD.