Saturday, July 26, 2008

Achille Boroli of Fattoria BOROLI, Piemonte Italy Here Tasting His New Releases of Barolo/Other Piemonte Wines With Customers March 10th, 2006

















     It was great to have Achille ( Fattoria BOROLI, info@boroli.it ) here tasting his new releases with our customers at Cleveland ParkWines & Spirits ( www.clevelandparkwine.com, anthonyquinn@clevelandparkwine.com ). I remember being really wowed by his 2001 Barolo. Achille makes a selection of upper-end/high quality/limited production Piemonte wines. They are made in the great classic tradition and are really best when served with meals. I would really welcome something off the grill now, meat or vegetable or some of both. Game is especially nice with Achille's wines. I'll be seeing my rep next Wednesday and will ask him what I am missing from Achille's portfolio of wines and write more about them in the store email when I get them in August. It's Saturday morning, July 26th at 10:40 A.M. as I type away. Enjoy these pictures with Achille and one of our favorite customers photographer extraordinaire Ralph Alswang ( 202-487-5025, www.RalphPhoto.com, ralswang@aol.com, local to D.C. ). You should check Ralph's work out. I blogged about him already on my other site : qynohnta.blogspot.com. He does events/weddings/news / parties. Both are smiling and happy. That's a great sign. 

     I just downloaded the pictures and see besides Ralph many other customers including babies that might become customers, too! Achille signed many bottles this tasting and I think from his expression that he enjoyed himself greatly!

     Achille wrote a beautiful few words about us here in Italian but I will have to get someone to write it out for me so that I do not butcher it here in print. He  begins and ends with " Fantastico ... con affecto ". Love that. Here's to you Achille and your excellent wines and the few hours we spent together in each other's company with a store full of people that came to see you and taste your wines back in March, the 10th, 2006 ! Cheers,  TONY

No comments: