Friday, June 20, 2008

Owner Lane Giguiere Here Wed. June 18th,2008 Tasting MOSSBACK and MATCHBOOK CA. Wines







     " Don't burn down the house ! This was fun . " writes Lane in my book before she leaves. She came in with our local rep Sal Furfari and brought a selection of bot her California wines - MATCHBOOK and MOSSBACH. We tried a selection of Pinot Noirs, one Syrah, a Chardonnay and a Merlot. I don't have my notes before me but I wanted to get this out now and will add to it later. We will include some of these excellent wines of Lane's here into our selections in about another two weeks. Look for them here sometime in July. I was impressed.

     The thing that most impressed me about the MATCHBOOK and the MOSSBACH wines were the balance and finesse and not any dependence on alcohol or gobs of out-of-control fruit. There was also an excellent " value " Malbec and I can't wait to get that here because it is affordable and really a nice addition to the other Malbecs out there. I found it had it's own unique style, a bit fleshier than many, medium-bodied and quite enjoyable all by itself.

     As I said I don't have my notes here but suffice it to say that we will have MOSSBACH and MATCHBOOK sometime soon. Come by the store for more information/inspiration. Here are some of my fun/creative/zany " new-style " pictures of Lane captured through the Riedel burgundy red glass I sample/taste from.
     In the Riedel glass is the Chardonnay white that impressed me no-end and which I had to pour some more of and be sure I really liked it as much as my first-impression signified. I did. It will be here ! Cheers,  TONY

No comments: