Friday, June 13, 2008

Jean Albrecht,Orschwihr, Alsace France, June 6th, 2008













     The other day I went to Vidalia to have lunch, meet Jean Albrecht of LUCIEN ALBRECHT winery, Alsace, France and try his old and  " new " releases. It was quite the event. I enjoyed myself so much, was so surprised at how great all the food and wine combos were that I actually allowed myself the extra time to be there a shockingly long three hours to fully enjoy this marvelous spectacle unfolding all around me and the other twenty or so guests. Jean began to sparkle and become fully illuminated and alive with enthusiasm and joy when talking about both his old and new wines. He was also really complementary of Vidalia and it's excellent staff and chef R.J. Cooper.  Owner of Vidalia, Jeff Buben was unfortunately not there at this event. I really enjoyed meeting him a year or so ago over at Bobby Kacher's home where he wrote in my wine book : " Your commitment to wine is inspiring for us in the restaurant world ! " ( 10/27/06 ). Wow, what a nice thing to write. That really touched me.
     I already blogged about this event earlier to refer back to that. Both Greg Murray ( Pasternak Wine imports regional manager ) and Bertrand Denoune ( export manager to LUCIEN ALBRECHT ) really were instrumental to this luncheon's success. Thanks for including me guys. Go to : chatpoetry.blogspot.com for my poems written that morning before the luncheon  inspired by my meeting soon of Jean. Cheers! to that great dry rose cremant D'Alsace which I loved and have told everyone about and intend to have really soon here in our store at Cleveland Park, Washington D.C.Q X

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jean Albrecht has one of the best winery in all of Alsace France. While tasting his old & new wine and talking to his friends, has been a wonderful experience.