Monday, June 9, 2008

Duncan MacGilevray, Old Owner Longview Winery ( March 2008 In Cleveland Park ), Adelaide, SA













It was funny how Duncan, Chris and I joked about how we would be seeing each other so soon after our marvelous time at his vineyard in Adelaide, South Africa. We were there with him on February 19/20th, 2008 if I am not mistaken and we would be flying back on the 21st here to Washington D.C. Duncan would be joining us in the store on Monday Feb, 25th, 2008! He would be in our store at Cleveland Park Wines and Spirits doing a tasting of many of his " new " releases with our customers that evening from 5-8 PM.



Duncan arrived jet-lagged and yet you could not tell. He was ever the professional and ready to taste/sell and promote Longview and Red Bucket wines till he dropped. We had a good turn-out for his tasting and sold quite a few bottles. We tasted his new release of Shiraz Block 3 as well as lots of his other wines like the Cabernet Sauvignon, the Nebbiolo, the white Sauvignon Blanc and dry Riesling. All the wines from Duncan sell. The wines speak for themselves. He signs them as gifts and they roll out our front door. This evening was no exception. In the photos are a number of our customers. Mary Shannon had met him at one of Duncan's prior tastings and got onto the Cleveland Park Wines and Spirits' web page at : www.clevelandparkwine.com. Nancy was meeting him tonight for the first time, so were Tom and Brook if I am not mistaken. Enjoy these new pictures. I'm having problems getting my pictures to download onto the blog so I will save this and publish it later.

I published pictures here just now on Monday, May 4th, 2009 here at home in northern Virginia on my day off of some of the pictures while Chris Pigott and I were at Duncan's home/winery staying in the " Shiraz " suite I believe it is called. I have included more of a story and the pictures taken at his in-store Cleveland Park tasting that I refer to here on a separate blog called : Duncan MacGillevray,Founder of LONGVIEW Winery ... " on Wednesday, July 25th, 2008. Check it out, too.

This marks the one year anniversary that I have been blogging here at CHATWINE. Wow, what a long grand trip it has most assuredly been for me ... and continues on ...


ALSO : I have a separate blog devoted just to this trip that Chris Pigott and I took to Australia called : chataustralia.blogspot.com. Check it out, too : just scroll down on the right of this page until you see : View Complete Profile and click that on, then scroll down till you see all my blogs and hit the one that says : chataustralia.blogspot.com. Enjoy and cheers, TONY

No comments: