Sunday, June 8, 2008

Chris Pigott in western Australia, Feb. 11th,2008










I owe a debt to Chris Pigott for getting me over to Australia this last February ( 7th-21, 2008 ) because with his frequent-flier miles he paid for my ticket there and back. Thanks Chris. I really do appreciate it and the wonderful two weeks that we had there with all these fabulous wine makers / owners and their families and staff. It was such a privilege and an honor to have these one-on-one two-day periods with them as we traveled from Perth, western Australia to it's tip on Denmark, back up through the Frankland river area, Pemberton, Margaret River and then back to Perth. We caught a plane from Perth to Adelaide and were driven into the Barossa valley near-by and then later driven down to the Adelaide valley before catching a plane to Sydney where we stayed in the Rocks at the Lord Nelson Brewery Hotel for a day before catching a plane back home.
Here is a picture of Chris as we take a pit-stop at a local gas station just before arriving at the West Cape Howe winery. Besides gas we needed to stop for a coca cola for Chris and so it is featured prominently on the car roof as he smiles in disbelief that I would have such audacity to take such a picture. Sorry Chris! It does tel an important part of the story and so it's only right that I would include it, n'est ce pas vrai, mon ami!?!
Nick Stacey was our grand guide and so he is included here with Gavin Berry- both of West Cape Howe Winery, as well as pictures at the winery. I am also included in one of the group pictures. I hope I get these pictures loaded onto this blog properly. Wish me luck, I'm still working my way through the mechanics of it all. TONY

No comments: