Monday, June 16, 2008

Andrea Fossi's Lovely 2006 Chianti on Father's Day, 2008







It's now the day after Father's Day and when I got up this morning I downloaded to our computer the pictures I took around dusk last night on Father's Day with us four Quinn's gathered around our table out back. The weather was quite nice and besides a few female mosquitoes I think we all fared well and enjoyed the fruits of our combined labors in making an excellent meal. My wife, daughter and I enjoyed Andrea Fossi's elegant, cherry smooth-toast chianti. I wrote about that last evening. Here are some of the artsy photos I like to concoct/capture. I'm really enjoying framing the glass filled with the wine with the bottle or the people drinking/making it. There are limitless possibilities and I'm really enjoying the challenge. Hope you appreciate some of the results. All the pictures included in my blogs are taken by me ( Anthony Alan Quinn ) unless I'm in them ( when we are far away from the camera: otherwise I hold it out as far as my arm will reach and snap/shake away ). I will always try and mention who took the pictures if not me. Anyway, I hope I can bring some new angles and compositions with these photos to our collective tables.

I've just downloaded them to the blog page and as I look one more time at the pictures I have a few more comments to post before publishing. One is that I wanted to have the bottle and label come trough clearly. It did better in the reflection s on our glass table as you will notice. That;s okay. I love playing with the reflections in the glass and I love the one with the trees around our house reflecting there, too to provide ambiance. I also " staged " the one with the 2006 Foosi chianti bottle in the flower bed under the blooming hydrangeas just to show both off and see how they looked side by side : not bad I say. Also, the oil and vinegar container I bought with my father on one of our forays into the California wine country : in California when we visited Daryl Groom at the Geyser Peak winery in Sonoma back in 1995-96? I also wanted to show the red clear/bright color of the chianti and I caught it in one of the pictures. Then to top it all off I wanted to show a picture of true enjoyment and that's the one of me taking a lovely swig/gulp/taste - Ahhhhhhh, so good! Here's to my dad, to Andrea and his 2006, too.Cheers and enjoy. TONY

No comments: